Friday 11 June 2010

Week 23 Challenge - Nursery Rhyme

Good morning Polkadoodler's, it's Nettie here and I'm back with another challenge for all you lovely people. Thank you to all of you that took part in Lou's challenge, we saw some great creations and we enjoyed visiting your blog's.

Now on to this weeks challenge. Some of you may or may not know that I am expecting my baby in under 8 weeks time now. I was trying to remember all the Nursery Rhymes my mum used to sing to me and failing miserably. So on that note I thought you could all help me .......................

The challenge this week is:

Nursery Rhymes

The Team have been really busy and let their imagination go with this one and produced some beautiful cards. Please let us know which Nursery Rhyme your using for your inspiration. Remember that your creation must not be entered into any more than 10 challenges, including the Polkadoodles challenge.

Now before I forget, 3 of you lucky people have been chosen as the top 3 for Lou's Sew and Sew challenge from week 21. Those lucky lucky peeps are..........

First Place: Sonia
Second Place: Allison
Third Place: Farrah

Congratulations to you, please contact Nikky for more details and your all important blinkies!!

Brenda - Mary Had a Little Lamb.......possibly overkill, but one of those where you just keep going. Beviboo stamp from the new Fairy Flutterfly collection, masked to create a bit of a scene, then decoupaged. Background paper and sheep complete with woolly coat from Back to Nature CD and flowers (re-sized) from All Around CD.


Kris: I missed last week's challenge and everyone had such wonderful creations but I'm back for this fun nursery rhyme theme. My rhyme is "The cat and the fiddle..." (sorry Nettie, I can't remember the words!). The backing paper, musical themed strip on the left and the fiddle are all from the Not for Girls CD and that cute little winking cat (Dylan is his name) is from the shaped collection on the All Around & Everywhere CD. I did add a few diecut notes and I computer-generated the sentiment.


Tracy - Old Macdonald - I have used the All Around And Everywhere CD -Rom for my background, I also used it for the animals which I cut out and put on with foam pads, the fence is from the same CD and cut it out and put on with more foam pads. I used the Fairy Flutterfly stamps to stamp my flowers and added gems. The sentiments are from the Candy Doodles CD -Rom. The Nursery Rhyme title has been added using word art.


Nettie: I loved making this one, it must be the animals!! I have gone with .....'Baa Baa Black Sheep'. I have used Maisie from the Back to Nature CD. I have turned the sheep into black polka dot sheep, he he. I have made another Step card and added some hand-made sunshine.




Ruth: I've gone for Pat-a-Cake, Pat-a-Cake and I've been waiting for an excuse to use the divine cupcake from All Around and Everywhere! I printed it onto cream linen effect card and added plenty of glitter. I added one of the complementary backing papers behind the card as I decided not to make the card double sided.

Claire Nettie couldn't have chosen a better challenge for me this week. I had a 40th card to make for a friend's sister who believe it or not is a shepherdess on Lewis. So it had to be Little Bo Peep - with the help of Flutterfly fairy Maggie who I think looks a little worried and those mad crazy sheep from Back to nature and also papers from All Around & Everywhere....



Lisa: This is my first card as an official Polkadoodle Design Team member and I had so much fun looking through all of the fun images! The nursery rhyme I based my card on was This Little Piggy Went To Market. The adorable piggy and background paper are from the All Around & Everywhere CD. What a fun theme to base a card on... so many possibilities!

Dee: I too have had trouble remembering any nursery rhymes, it was after all quite some time ago that they were read to me. In a flash of inspiration I did think of the Owl and the Pussycat so that's what I have gone with, complete with the pea green boat. The cat is from All Around and Everywhere and the owl and backing papers are from Paper Boutique.


Jenny: I've gone for One, two, buckle my shoe as Polly Polkadoodle reminded me of a little girl waiting for help with her shoes! I changed her laces to a buckle by re-sizing a Candy Ribbon Slider to 30%. I also re-sized some Alphie Doodles for the sentiment. Everything is from the Candy Doodles CD except for the wall & grass which came from All Around & Everywhere and the butterfly which is part of the Meeshelle Fairy Flutterfly stamp set.


Tracie: This week I went for "Hey Diddle Diddle" and did a cow jumping over the moon. I used the penny slider idea that Nikky demonstrated on her Paper Boutique show. I used the Cow from All around and Everywhere, and backing papers from Candy Doodles and Sugar Birdies


Kerry - I chose Incy Wincy Spider and used papers from Not for Girls and the Halloween download. I distressed the edges of the paper, drew a very bad drainpipe for the spider to climb up!! and added goggly eyes.

Fliss - I've gone for Mary, Mary Quite Contrary as my inspiration as my girls loved this one when they were little. I've used Polly from Sugar Birdies as my image as I think she looks a bit naughty and have made a shaped card from Back to Nature. All the other embellishments come from All Around & Everywhere and have been layered up with foam tape to make a 3D card. Full details are on my blog.

Please link your creation below and remember the terms of this week's challenge. The deadline for this challenge is Sunday 20th June at 12 noon GMT. Good luck.


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh... lovely, lovely work from the Design Team... very unique cards!!!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these cards are as cute as can BE! Very creative and such a fun challenge! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous challenge - really made me think hard! Stunning work from the fab DT as usual! Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this weeks challenge theme - it is a good one and there are so many options,especially with all the fabulous Polka Doodle images from Nikky x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!