Friday 19 February 2010

Week 7 Challenge - Sketch & Theme

Happy Friday everyone! It’s Kris here today all the way from the good old USA. I’ve got the winners from the paper piecing challenge and I’m asking each and every one of you to join in this week’s fun. I’ve drawn a sketch (well, kind of!) and called a theme…“For the Birds”. All you have to do is show us your interpretation of the sketch and put a birdie on there somewhere. Please remember to follow the rules - no more than 10 challenges for your entry here.


Without further ado, the winners from Week 5, paper piecing are:

First Place: 1LuvnMama

Second Place: Karen Everton

Third Place: Cheryl

Please contact Nikky for further details and your blinkies! Congratulations!

Up first is our fabulous February guest designer, Teri. "I used the Peacock section from Back To Nature for this project. Such glorious colours! I hope I did it justice...?" Er, yes you did!


Kris: Wouldn't it be funny if I couldn't follow my own sketch? Anyway, I used the owls from Back to Nature as my birds. The other patterned papers are Picnic Brights and a strip from the topper sheet (all from BtN). For the flowers I printed the paper and then ran it through the printer again with some of the Stampie flowers from Sugar Birdies. I added some doodling and the little sentiment is a rub-on.


Brenda :I used the Love and Cherish CD for the background paper, re-sized the lovebirds from the same CD, printed them five time and cut with nesties to create a pyramage. Roses made from plain pink paper and glittered and border using a Martha Stewart punch.


Kerry - A lovely sketch this week from Kris and we also had to use any bird from any Polkadoodles CD on our card. The “Not for Girls” CD came out for this one. These textured papers are so good and are so effective. The stars were cut out with my Cricut. Sorry about the wonky photo!!


Kate: I have used the Not for Girls cd for this one as i think these birds are just the coolest ! I cut the "wicked " logo on my cricut .Two of the birds were pre coloured one ,the others i coloured myself with promarkers.


Ruth: It's a case of needed to make some baby cards as it seems that there are a lot of babies due over the summer! Not mine I hasten to add but a lot of my friends are expecting, so I need to be prepared! Used Candy Doodles for all the papers and the little birdie from Sugar Birdies which I've enlarged and used as the template. A bit of doodling (to hide the glue if I'm honest!) and a little flower, some wire and gems and its completed! More details are on my blog!


Nettie: I really enjoyed this sketch, thanks Kris! Well I have been holding back for a while but I just had to use the really cute Owl's on the Back to Nature CD. They just look too darn cute...


Fliss: I've also used the Shake a Tail Feather collection from the Back to Nature CD as the colours on it are my favourite combination so couldn't resist returning to it for Kris's sketch challenge. I've used lots of layers and inked all the edges to make the pieces pop out. I added a decupaged peacock, one of the lovely matching sentiments and some flowers cut from one of the gorgeous papers to finish.


Dolly: I've used the Lovebirds collection from Love and Cherish to make a notebook cover. Just added some chipboard flowers and eyelets to 'jazz' it up a bit.


Claire- Pssst...I've used quite a few bits and bobs from the new CD. I won't tell anyone if you don't! There are soooooo many goodies on here I just couldn't help myself - feeling rather naughty now. Hope it's not going to be detention for me....


Lou - I have used oodles of papers & elements from the Candy Doodles CD which have been layered & chalked. Paper ribbons added to the bottom which have been secretly stapled into place !



9 comments:

  1. What darling birdie cards...each and everyone ...
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! I think the design team has outdone itself this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping I have done this right!! This is the first time I have ever entered one of my cards into anything. Love working with the Polka Doodles CD's and had great fun making this card. Link is http://nessicraft.blogspot.com/2010/02/feeling-very-proud-of-myself.html

    Hope you like it. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge this week love all the owls dont ya just love them x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning DT cards.I really like the idea of having a layout and a theme.I enjoyed playing along.Thanx.

    Hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredibly gorgeous creations, Teri your peacock card is wonderful! Thanks for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. un challenge très sympa mais qui ne m'a pas été facile lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so needed a "springy" type challenge and this one was it! Great sketch....lots of possibilities and lots of room to improvise!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!