Friday 19 June 2009

...come in please, No. 5!...

Well my lovely doodlers, the weather is (kinda) good and light nights mean we get more done on an evening. Or not, if like me you are already addicted to Big Bro and the arguments which are now starting! Now, before I forget, I must leave a titchie reminder to tune into Create and Craft/Ideal World on 2nd July at noon for a lickle show with yours truly. And I promise
NOT to say lickle (lol!). Although I can't promise not to quiver and shake in my boots for the first airing of my grinning mug splattered on the screen! So if you've been wondering what the fuss is all about for the Sugar Birdies CD, it will be officially launched on C&C on the 2nd July. Plus there will be some other goodies on the show too, and hopefully some cool demo's if my hands are steady enough! Of course all my nails have broked this week, tut. So please feel free to tune in and mock as much as you like, but please don't call in and abuse me!!! LOL!

Anyways, another craft-fest of a week and a sketchie which was a li-i-ttle bit different this week, we think it threw up a proper little challenge and made everyone think some! Which, I suppose is what this is all about, getting us all to crayon outside the lines once in a while. It never fails to amaze me at the different interpretations people have of a simple drawing - what you all come up with is never what I had in mind when I draw it, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that! Anyone who knows me knows I don't like to follow the norm!

Sooo, onto the Good News (remember that!??) and this week's lovely winners are...

in 2nd place we have the lovely ScrappyMax
and this week we have a joint first place with
Yaaayyyy!
Congrats to all 3 of you, please email me at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk
and you will get your lovelie rewards.

So, onto the next one, seeing as you are all gluttons for punishment!
We have another sketch this week and again, it's quite open to interpretation and the lovely doodle dollies have certainly come up with some fab variations on this. Here ya go...

You can do what you like with this sketch but you need to use at least 3 flowers (any size), and the sentiment needs to be across the bottom where the text is. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Next week's winner will get a special prize in celebration of our 5th week birthday and everyone who joins in will get a nice freebie too.

We are a little thin on the ground from the Doodle Queens this week as a few of us have had a very stressful 7 days and the girlies are all working their fingers to the bones on tv samples for me, so I'm sure you will all be very understanding, but we still have lots of lovely lovely creations for you to feast your eyes on. So get your cuppa and your chocolate and have a look at these beauties, there are some fab ideas in here this week...

This week the Design Team were only allowed to use Orange and Pink, and they had to (cough, cough, were supposed to) use 2 buttons...lol ....


created by Krista...this fabulous bag is sooooo summery, what a total delight! Love that Krista has used some different shapes here and that little parasol is adorable! Just one thing missing though Krista - a big yummy ice cream with a flake in it!! LoL!...

created by Kath...as ever Kath inspires us all, she really is one very talented lady when it comes to paper thingies and she's made this gorgeous bag this week. I want one and I'm considering commissioning these to sell to everyone I know! ...
created by Enfys...what can we say about En, she always gives us some fab combinations and I always love the little details she includes, every time I see her cards I just think "wish I'd

thought of that". No wonder she's got 500 followers on her blog, she's a total star. Like here,
where she's just cut a random little cloudy shape, it just looks lush and goes so well with the
doodle spots...

created by Saskia...this card is a typical Saskia card I think, all girly and lush, I love the way she's sneaked a peek at one of the butterflies from the CD, first time we've seen these I think, tee hee...I love the scalloped edge of the card and the way the paper flower works so well with the prima too...
...oo I forgot it opens out like this, what a faberooni idea! will be lifting this one for sure!...

created by Maggie...a fab step card and a MASSIVO flower, think she knows I love big flowers! lol! I like the way she's printed the letters in different sizes here, they do work well, and she's gone to town on the old Stickles. The pic doesn't show the buttons very well but Maggie's used 2 large clear buttons as the centre of the flowers and then attached a circle of the orange paper over the top and attached with some bendy thread...


created by tip top Ruth...I ADORE what Ruth's done with this. The card is made from a sturdy acetate and she's cute the shape at the top - in fact, Ruth has followed the sketch exact this week and this IS how I envisioned it when I drew it, which doesn't happen very often. The flowers on this are just, just....AMAZING! She keeps inspiring us all to use vellum and again she's printed the flowers onto the vellum and I think they look absolutely lushy lush, they make me want to reach in and stroke them, I just love it, this is so my kinda thing...
created by Kerry...another wowser from Kerry, again pushing the envelope a little with another little gift bag anyone would love to receive, adorable (must search the dictionary for some more descriptive terms!)...
...but look, what's this... oooo goody goodies....
...now that's what I call a gift!! (and very adaptable for boys too if you made it into a satchel) Kerry was very clever here and she actually used the daisy backing paper but scaled it up and then cut out the flowers in a much larger format so they co-ordinate perfectly. If you want to do this and don't know how, you should be able to select a "poster" setting when you print which will let you reduce or enlarge your prints. Love this...

created by Lou...Wow! Lou has really pushed the card out this week with this beautiful wedding card - how different to use the pink and orange, but it works so well! She's created a great "stair" card here...
Lou used the Birdie Stampies as a "Bride" and "Groom". She made a top hat & added a cravat using 1 of the required buttons to hold the ribbon in place for the groom and made a ribbon Veil for the bride - very cute!...


...I also like the way she's used some extra hearts on the wings...nice touch...
So, that's your lot for this week, hope we've inspired you with some great ideas and colours, now it's your turn! Don't forget, deadline is Wednesday noon GMT so make sure you enter as you are guaranteed a freebie (I'm getting far too generous, must be my new barnet that's affected my brain). xxx

23 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry I couldn't play last week...sometimes life just interferes with fun! Anyway - what great DT samples [as usual]. I look forward to coming in back in a few days with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this sketch and what the DT made. Beautiful, all of it.
    Here is my take:
    http://marthastiens.blogspot.com/2009/06/polka-doodles-no-5.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at the challenge each week but don't always have time to take part. This is my entry for the challenge so look here. Fingers crossed I might be lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's mine

    Great challenge! Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Promised I'd be back! Loved doing up this sketch...Kris

    Here's Mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your DT are amazing!!! Loved the challenge.
    Here's my entry

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous challenge :-) I decided to make a card instead of a bag ! All the DT creations are wonderful !

    You can see my card here

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sketch, and such yummy cards from the DT. Well done, as always. I'd love to play but some minor surgery will keep me on the sidelines for a week or so. Hope to be back soon. Hugs to all, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! i should have been in bed last night, but found your sketch and HAD to play along... thanks for the challenge, and i love all the stuff i've seen here so far! your DT is very talented!

    Here's my card - any feedback welcome, and my fingers are crossed!

    hope all the Doodle Dollies are feeling less stressed and overwhelmed this week!

    ---Karmyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great DT projects once again, as you can see I am enjoying using your freebie from last week!my cards are here
    Thanks for all the fun Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great challenge. I had just too much fun creating for this challenge. I made 2 cards, hope that is OK. Here’s my entry

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooops just posted my entry in wrong place LOL Lets try again!!!
    JUst would like to say love the sketch this week and love the DTs great creations.Heres my creationHope you like
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. well have been playing again here is my entry
    http://bcpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/so-glad-polka-doodles-challenge-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first time posting to one of your challenges and I hope I do it right. I used the little birdie from your lovely freebie, you can just about see him peeking out of the top of the card.
    HERE is my card

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great sketch this week I have been meaning to enter for a couple of weeks but I have been so busy .I love all the designs your team comes up with.
    Please checkout my card at http://shelley-craftersbuddy.blogspot.com

    Shelley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again such fab creations from a great DT. I am loving the wonderful colours and fresh designs. You can find mine HERE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here is my very first challenge card. Hope you like it. My card is here site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is only the second challenge that I've decided to do so please check out my idea and leave comments & let me know what you think. While your there feel free to follow my blog.:) http://sweetpeascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this sketch!!!
    All of your cards are just fabulous!!
    Happy 5th week birthday. :)
    Here’s my card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous samples this week!

    I had to re-read the challenge to see if I missed the buttons and colour part, but alas those specifics were only for the DT! Whew!
    Thanks so much for looking!
    ... Joyful Stamper: Willy's in the Garden

    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, great sketch this week & love all the DT's creations, my card is here

    Thanks

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi everyone, thanks for the fab entries, this challenge is now closed - but, if you have a late post we would still love to see it so please feel free to leave it below so the DT can have a nosey! xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!